With my pledge to restart my #TLMgetfit lifestyle, I’ve started eating fresh food and cutting out all processed food. And maybe its a sign (you know when the star, moon and sun all aligns), one of my go-to convenience service app has just launched their own grocery store and with promo codes floating online and offline, I just got to use it! How often do you get discounts such as $10 off your groceries shopping??
Fresh by honestbee started out for a while serving just people in the east, and now it is available to everyone in Singapore! Fresh by honestbee is said to be of a better value, provides a faster delivery service (like in the next hour) and the fresh produce is said to be fresher too.
I am going to test the app out the next time I need to stock up my fresh produce, like chicken breast! Yes I love chicken breast when I’m on my diet, because it is so easy to prepare and I can cook one batch to last the entire week’s worth of lunch!
Here’s the tip on how I prepare my tender and juicy chicken breast.
Very important points:
- Tenderised the meat gently
- Submerge into lukewarm water with salt and pepper (I added some bayleaves into mine)
- DO NOT lift the cover once chicken is placed inside to cook
- Let it sit for another 10 minutes before removing lid after cooking
The above are the four main points to note. As long as these four steps are done right, the rest of the steps wouldn’t affect much of the result.
Here are the step-by-step guide to cooking soft tender and juicy chicken breast…
- Pound the chicken breasts to even thickness with meat tenderiser. You can also user bottom of a jar.
- Season a bowl of lukewarm water with salt and pepper, place the chicken breasts submerged completely in the mixture.
- Leave to soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat, place chicken breast into pan and cover it with fitting lid. Ensure the lid fits and covers the pan completely! Otherwise, liquid will escape and you will end up with dry chicken breast meat!
- Let cook on low-medium heat for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid else moisture will escape.
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken sit for an additional 10 minutes inside the covered pan.
- Ensure the meat is cooked through.
And your chicken is now ready to be enjoyed! I cook these chicken breasts once a week, pull them apart before storing them in airtight containers and in the fridge. Everyday I’ll add the pulled chicken with some fresh lettuce and cherry tomatoes or corn bits. This will be my lunch for the day. So simple!
Read more of #TLMgetfit here.
My batch of chicken is finishing soon, time to stock up with Fresh by honestbee! For all first time users, you can also get $10 off $40 min. spend with code “FRESHLEH” and includes free delivery too! Don’t let this $10 slip you away… use it now on Fresh by honestbee!
P/S: If you’re stocking up your cart on Fresh by honestbee, here are some deals that you should grab before it runs out of stock!
Ops! I know the above doesn’t goes that well with my original chicken topic, but I got carried away while shopping on Fresh by honestbee!