I used to have one picky eater and one who’s willing to try everything we feed her. But now the littest who used to eat everything is beginning to pick on her food too. When either my hub or me have got extra time in the kitchen, we like to experiment with new recipes and ways to make our meal more interesting for the girls. So I took the opportunity to experiment with oats and made an interesting discovery!
These crunchy baked chicken cheese balls with oats was a hit with both my girls! And the best part is that they are consuming healthy oats at the same time. I’m a happy mum and this recipe is a keeper in my books. And for the record, all the amount stated in my recipe list below are based on estimates ok, because when I cook, I don’t use any form of measurement but my own feel. I call it the feeliment. coughs
Ingredients (Make approx. 10 one-and-half-inch balls)
- 1 packet of minced chicken (i bought those standard size packed from Fairprice)
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 1 big portobello mushroom (diced)
- 1 small stalk of cauliflower (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of grated mozzarella cheese
- few dash of pepper and garlic powder
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of Quaker Quick Cook Oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celsius for 15 minutes.
- Coat a baking tray with butter.
- Mix meat, onion, mushroom, cauliflower, flour, seasoning and cheese well.
- Scoop a rounded tablespoon full of chicken mixture and shape into a ball with palm.
- Coat ball with egg and then with Quaker Quick Cook Oatmeal.
- Place ball evenly on baking tray.
- Bake chicken ball in oven for 20-25 minutes, beware of popping cheese!
- Let it cool and serve.
- Optional serving of your favorite sauce to pump up the taste because this recipe was prepared with my girls’ taste in mind.
Total prep time about 15 minutes, and baking time about 25 minutes.
After this successful introduction of oatmeal to my girls, I am going to experiment with more dishes just so the family can get a little bit of nutrients for better heart and better source of fiber.
Thanks to Quaker Singapore, The Loving Mum has got 3 sets of Quaker hampers for you! Complete the steps in the rafflecopter app below to get your chances to win $50 worth of Quaker products! This giveaway ends 1 September 2015. Enjoy your own wholesome meals with Quaker now!
This post is brought to you by Quaker. Follow them on Facebook at Quaker Singapore for more interesting and fun ways to enjoy your daily dose of oatmeal.